First up — the first result for VIC/NSW/WA/SA/QLD/TAS/ACT/NT. We’re not looking at the first result — we want to see the first autocomplete suggestion. This was performed logged into my google account – from an Australian IP Address. Guess what? We seem to love our State Government Departments.
But Google are clever. What happens if you log out and tell Google to go to the .com site. Well — there might be some tourism interest (searching for “Australia” — but a lot of the searches aren’t about us:
|Australian Capital Territory||Legislation||Map|
|New South Wales||School Holidays||Australia|
|Western Australia||n Newspaper||Facts|
|South Australia||Area Code||Lyrics|
A few more points of Interest:
- Only one sports team made the list (And it’s an AFL team in QLD. Go Figure)
- Sydney Dalton? Really Google? Some teenager who dissed Justin Bieber?
- There’s a sea shanty called “South Australia”. I learnt something today
- West Australian’s really like their news: WA Today, West Australian Newpaper, Perth Now
- Victorias Secret and the Darwin Awards were the big names I expected. I was a bit sad to see Melbourne Florida on the list though. I’m so used to the Australian search – I forget that place exists.
Notice anything else fun in the list? Got some more search terms to try? Anyone want to try Bing?